I invite everyone with a blog to participate in the 12 Days of Anime project for 2017.
You’ve all had it. Some great moment or feeling you found this year that related to a show you watched. Love, longing, validation, satisfaction, utter hatred, disappointment, you name it. 2017 has come and passed and so has its anime. Surely, there is something that you will remember, some opinion or dedication to an episode you liked or a character you adored. What about best girls, ships, problematic faves, and merchandise? What about changes in how you watch anime, or how you talk about it?Any of your thoughts about anime, even the ones that may seem boring or of no interest to you, will become new ideas for your readers. And I say that is important enough to dedicate a post to.As the name suggests, you will publish once a day. Start on the 14th of December and keep at it until the 25th of December, right in time for Christmas Day. Think of it as a sort of shitty Advent Calendar for the Anime Christmas you’ll probably never have otherwise. Don’t worry, we’ll celebrate somehow. You can make it a top 12 anything. Or you can have no order to what you write. I personally am going to make a list of things that resonated with me in this year’s anime. I previously made it about specific anime moments, and another year I briefly talked about concepts that came to my mind when watching a show. There is always something to talk about. But it won’t happen until you start thinking. That’s why I’m writing this today, rather than in December. You know the reason why marketing campaigns put up the Christmas and Thanksgiving stuff as early as October? It’s to get you thinking about what you want to do for Christmas and Thanksgiving. I want to evoke the same effect on this project. There is plenty of dead time that can be used to at least think about it and, ideally, jot down some ideas. They don’t even have to be secret. I really want to talk about Tanya from Saga of Tanya the Evil and Nina from Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul. I want to talk about my favorite episodes from 18if and the fact that I finally finished Re:Zero this year. Those are just some ideas personally. And you can tell that I haven’t watched stuff like HeroAca and Attack on Titan. There’s going to be something that you watched and others didn’t.
Again, I invite you to participate in the 12 Days of Anime project. Every voice in this matters. I look forward to reading all of your posts.
- Sign up here so that I and everyone else know you’re participating. Add in your own name and link your preferred method of publishing.
- On the same spreadsheet, there will be pages of 12 Days projects from previous years. I suggest reading them if you want to see what usually goes on in a 12 Days post.
- You’ll notice that some of those entries are incomplete. That is natural. It’s your personal challenge to make it all the way to 12. So fight!
- Be sure to link back to this post so that it can be seen by as many people as possible.
- Tweet me @appropriant for any questions or perhaps even follow me for my sassy acerbic content.